Check out and learn what inspired Susan Kare’s original mac icons. Remember they fit on a disk.
One of my favorite parts of eLearning Guild events is DemoFest. During Learning Solutions last week, it provided an opportunity to look, learn, share and hear what worked, what didn’t and how a project evolves from concept to launch. There were over 50 tables to visit, and you learn about this year’s favorites on a complimentary Best of DemoFest Webinar on Thursday, April 12 at 10:00 AM PT.
We’ll be presenting our project which won an award for Best Social Collaboration Solution for Community Dashboard for C-Suite Idea Exchange.
Register below to learn about the award-winning projects in several categories and get some great ideas to apply to your work!
Watch the Recording at https://www.elearningguild.com/olfarchives/1586/best-of-learning-solutions-demofest-2018/
We moved to Zoom last month and loving it. I work with several teams every day brainstorming, reviewing, and focusing on creating new experiences for our audiences. We had been a Webex house for several years and during a recent visit to San Francisco last month saw a billboard with Zoom.US on it and decided to check it out. Wow, it is powerful, what I love in the first couple weeks:
- Using an iPad Pro in a meeting with an Apple Pencil to quickly communicate, highlight, sketch or visualize a concept while someone is sharing their screen. Great for quick feedback and communication. Previously, would have to switch presenters, files or take a picture we can now focus on the creative side. (Quick video highlight below demonstrates remote view, while I am drawing on an iPad, viewers can see the highlights, and we can brainstorm the user experience.)
- Recording can be automatically saved to your desktop or the cloud and shared immediately.
- Quick visual feedback with icons or via chat.
- No problem sharing an invite and having first-time users view in their browser or quickly install and video chat with no roadblocks to date (using with several users around the world.)
Get the most out of your conference experience by starting with this morning brainstorming session with award-winning eLearning expert Nick Floro. You’ll explore design trends and walk away with resources, tips, and techniques to help you build your next generation of learning.
This new app from Microsoft is to help with disabilities by describing what it sees, identifying people who have been tagged (as well as their emotions) and reading words to the user.
Great overview and quick tips to take advantage of iOS 11 screenshot and markup feature.
The new OS is amazing and makes the iPad invaluable in the creative process. Playing with iPad Pro 2017 tablets and the Pencil responds pixel perfectly.
Side Note: Jeff Benjamin is great at creating video based stories.
Wow, watch the video to get inspired.
In the color contrast theory, the contrasting nuances are directly or almost directly positioned across one from another on the color wheel
View and Download a copy of the DevLearn 2016 Presentation. Any questions, feel free to reach out and connect.
Do you feel like you’re not taking advantage of your tablet or smartphone outside of email, text messaging, and a couple apps? Mobile devices can be much more than tools to consume content and conduct conversations. Your mobile device is armed and ready to not only uncover learning opportunities but also help create them.
In this session, you will learn about several amazing apps that will provide new ways for you to explore, learn, and create new content for your learners. The session will examine the various ways you can not only move content on and off your device but also edit it. You will leave this session with new applications, ideas, and approaches to maximize the potential of your best device for learning today!
In this session, you will learn:
- How to take advantage of your mobile device
- New ways to be creative with your tablet and phone
- About new apps and tools to add creative splash to your content
- How to create, edit, and move content on and off your device